Quito, September 24, 2020
The The Daily News Box (MSP) issued the procedure for the “Electronic Authorization of Importation of Goods or Vehicles for the Use or Attention of People with Disabilities”, which will be enabled in the Ecuapass system of the National Customs Service of Ecuador (Senae), as of Monday, September 28, 2020, in compliance with Executive Decree 1097, published in the Official Registry on July 30, 2020.
To obtain authorization, the user must access the following link https://ecuapass.aduana.gob.ec/ and follow these steps:
1.The user must enter the information in the electronic form of the Ecuadorian Single Window (VUE) and subsequently make the request for the authorization of importation of goods or vehicles for the use or care of people with disabilities. You must fill in the fields with verifiable, complete, reliable information and attach the following documents:
- Photocopy of the disability card issued by the MSP.
- Photocopy of driver’s license (type F beneficiary and / or driver).
- Indicate the description of the property or vehicle on which the electronic authorization is being granted.
2. The National Directorate of Disabilities (DND) of the MSP will verify the information and if additional data is required, it will be requested through the VUE, to verify the disability condition or the good to be imported.
3. If the information administered is correct, the DND will enter through the VUE the result of acceptance or denial within the authorization process for the importation of goods or vehicles for the use or care of people with disabilities.
4. The DND will complete the import authorization procedure in the VUE, by means of the electronic signature of the document, which will indicate the electronic authorization number for the importation of goods or vehicles for the use or care of people with disabilities, which may be used in subsequent procedures.
The National Government reformed the Regulations of the Organic Law on Disabilities to prevent unscrupulous persons from misusing the benefits contemplated in the regulations.