Filming of the new “Jurassic World” movie at Pinewood Studios in the UK has been suspended for two weeks due to COVID-19 cases on set. Director Colin Trevorrow tweeted on Wednesday that there were “a few” positive tests for the virus.
He added that the individuals tested negative shortly after, but would take a two-week break regardless of safety protocols.
A Universal Pictures spokesperson said they were aware of the positive tests last night and they were all negative this morning.
“The safety and wellbeing of our entire cast and crew is paramount,” the spokesperson added. “Those who initially tested positive are currently isolating themselves, as are those they came into contact with.”
On Tuesday, Universal said the release of “Jurassic World: Dominion” had been delayed for a year to June 2022.
The franchise starring Chris Pratt was one of the first major Hollywood productions to reboot after pandemic-related shutdowns. The New York Times reported in August about the improved safety protocols on set and some cases of crew members in Britain and Malta during the summer.
It is the second major shot affected by COVID-19. Last month, the UK filming of “The Batman”, a Warner Bros. movie, also stopped production due to a positive case.